Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Passport issue

Here is continued topic about my design passport. I got a really good chance to look at not only new design and its idea but also how my thought is and what I want to do, have to do as well.


I have visited COFA Library for such many times for referencing my works. I get ideas, inspirations, and motivation. However, similarly, I sometimes feel really depressed when I come there, because I see lots of good works and I am normally likely to compare my own designs with them. I know almost all of designs in books are surely excellent to be sited. So, I will keep the motivation to achieve the good design listed in books during next semester as well.
Reading magazines, journals were done in main library. I liked one of the series, called AXIS. this one is written both in English and Japanese. Therefore, it is much closer to me to catch the author's thoughts by reading both languages. As one of the most interesting article, I want to raise about relationship between design and cartoon. It is that cartoon drawer has lots of, or even infinite 'drawers' of ideas so that they can keep drawing such world of fantasy. So the point is that designers should follow or imitate those idea creation because sometimes they tend to think about reality. But if the idea of unusual world comes with them, they can keep wondering "what IF that kind of thing exists??", which is important thinking way of getting idea about something new.

Also, I sometimes find good works on other students blog. I am not close to most of guys for having not many same classes but I feel their works are nice. It should be good opportunity to talk to them and discuss about what inside the brain of each, so I maybe try it next semester. But, looking through their blog was really good refreshment to my designer mind anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment