Tuesday, May 31, 2011

TED talks and By Design radio

In the last part of my design passport topic, i found one TED Talk link from other student's blog. The title is 'Hans Rosling and the magic washing machine'. He mentioned how technological development changes the life of people, especially focusing on the developing countries. I was very impressed by the idea that time-consuming house jobs are in such a lot of population in a day and if the introducing new technology is brought to the situation, people can save energy and get some time for their own hobbies or something like that.

Also, By design recognized me the new point of view about design. I actually listened some of radio but most of them said about technology, the opposite side of opinion of TED talk above in fact. For example, technological advance took place of human physical advance, natural resources, and so on. It is partly related to the garbage issue which was mentioned in the lecture of around week 9, in terms of too much production and consumption.

I had a chance to reflect those two opposite ideas but what I feel is that our developed countries still have necessity of decreasing today's such a great number of production. and do design about green, sustainable, something. I cannot say well but living with the nature, the environment is he primary idea for making something. I currently work at restaurant but have seen lots of garbage are thrown away thus sometimes feel scared. That is part of the reason I want to reduce the garbage which is directly linked to the damage, harm to our planet. Therefore, I want to learn and make something achievable that idea through rest of my uni life. I have been given one exam in 2 weeks time, so now is the time to be back to study on the desk with textbooks for a while. Hope everyone will have good but also some meaningful holiday...

No comments:

Post a Comment