Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Semester almost finished...

I'd like to post some part of my design passport as I am done and submitted it today.

Through the process of making this passport, I got a chance to RE-take a look at my design view and thought and also some new of it. In order to achieve the passport, I went to art gallery, museums, exhibition, libraries, visited several websites, etc..

Firstly, I visited Henry Hoke exhibition in the day of our first lecture. It was a good choice to go there then otherwise I could not have time to take ferry to the kind of far point. At the place, I had a look at a large number of tools which are now that base of current daily handy tools. Those products include manual chainsaws, giant wind up key, leg pulls, etc.. One impressive product was Random Excuse Generator. I actually could not get the main point of it but how people manage it was fun.
Similarly, my notes about Hoke says "A restless curiosity that lead to a brilliant insight", probably referenced from his background information. Hoke is the hidden pioneer of today's basic models, that is my conclusion after seeing the exhibition.

In the next part of the passport, my destination was the museum of contemporary art. I was sort of rush because I had pulled going there off for not having time.. This time, I saw the exhibition of Michael Stevenson. This was his first exhibition and there were different style of design works with the ones I had seen before in other places. The main feature of his work, named "The Gift" was a ship, or even better to be say yacht. It reminded me the thrill of adventure to the unknown area.

Through visiting those exhibition, I felt something like industrial, handy, humanity, anything about life. Everywhere life including animals, plants etc. exists, and we are also part of them. I would like to design the thing which is related not only to ourselves (human) but also to the environment so that I can represent we are all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment